- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1⁄2 cup cooked, finely chopped chicken
- 1⁄2 cup no salt added canned corn or frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese,or queso fresco
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup pico de gallo, chicken, corn, green onion, bell pepper, and cheese.
- Soften tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave oven, and spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling onto the center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly and secure each with a toothpick.
- Place rolled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet and brush each lightly with oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Place 3 taquitos on each plate and serve with remaining pico de gallo.